|Mission Statement and Values
Hogelin Memorial Award
Adam 1 Community Service Award
Our Service Area
The Fort Lupton Fire Protection District is comprised of an area covering approximately 88 square miles. The agency is a Special District and operates on a tax levied based upon property ownership within the District. The Fire Districts current mill levy is 9.295. Although we provide fire service for the City, we are not part of the City Government. A majority of the service area is outside of the city limits. The district ranges from WCR 22 to WCR 6 and from WCR 17 to WCR 37. We have auto aid agreements in place with Frederick Firestone Fire Protection District, Hudson Fire Protection District, and Brighton Fire Protection District. Auto aid means that based upon a certain type of call and location, these departments will automatically respond to assist without an additional request. We also have mutual aid agreements with all other fire departments in Weld County. Mutual aid is defined that if a call exceeds the capabilities of the local resources then other outside agencies can be called upon to assist.Our Call Volume
The department responds to in excess of 1500 service calls annually. About 85% of these calls are medically related. The remaining 15% consist of some type of fire related call or are classified as “other” service calls such as public assists. The fire department is dispatched by the Weld County Regional Dispatch Center located in Greeley. Emergency calls are handled using the 911 system.Department Training and StaffThe department is considered a combination department and is comprised of 26 career staff, two office personnel, two maintenance staff, 22 district volunteer firefighters. The fire district staffs career firefighters to provide 24-hour on duty staff coverage with immediate response. They work a 48/96 hours schedule. This means they are on duty for 48 hours and then off for 96 hours. Station 1 and Station 2 are each staffed 24 hours per day with 4 career firefighters. Volunteers also help staff the stations by completing 36 hours of shift time per month.
New volunteer members of the department are recruited year around and are required to complete a fire academy, hazardous materials awareness course, and medical First Responder training. They must also complete a one-year probationary period while successfully completing driving and pump operation skills for the apparatus, possess a valid CPR card, and complete at least 36 hours of ongoing training yearly. Specialized training for members includes Paramedic School, Emergency Medical Technician, Hazardous Materials Operations/Technician, high and low angle rope rescue, ice rescue, vehicle extrication, farm extrication, and incident command training. Ongoing membership with the department requires a strong commitment to the community as much of the training is completed during a member’s personal time in addition to their regular full time profession.
Public Education / Fire Prevention Programs: